Sat, Jun 24|
We Become, We Bloom: Sketching & Nature Journaling
Slow down to sketch (and smell!) the flowers.
Time & Location
Jun 24, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
San Francisco, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
About the event
Instead of rushing to the top of a summit, how might we pause to develop a keener sense of observation? Science illustrator Sami Chang will guide us in balancing our individual perception of the world with a scientific illustration perspective known as "nature journaling."
Through nature immersion and teachings from nature journaling, you will leave with:
- Science-based nature journaling skills to observe and experience the world through our senses, incorporating annootations of shapes, colors, textures, and patterns 📓
- A newfound appreciation of flora and fauna you may have not attended to before, as well as their relationships with each other and environment 🔍
- A personal storytelling style as you infuse your own emotions, thoughts, and experiences alongside your journal pages 🌈
Note: The Botanical Gardens are free for SF residents with an ID, and $6 entry for non-city residents. Admission to the gardens is not included in your ticket fee.
Please arrive a little early as the gardens are entering their busy season and will be harder to get to if you choose to drive or park.What's Included
Shared access to Wild Awake workshop materials, including:
- Markers, pencils, and waterbrushes
- Watercolor paints & cups for water
- Jewelry loupes and magnifying glasses to peer more closely
- Sketchbook (with watercolor paper)
- Black pen (Micron-style preferred)